Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Can you bank in Irish in Ireland?

With An Gaeilge set to become an offical working language on the 1st of January 2007, I cam across two posts on Ach go háirithe the orginal post on BANKING as gaeilge is very informative and gives information I never knew existed! Such as

BOI and TSB are currently reviewing their language policies, set for completion sometime in 2007.

BOI offer cheque books in Irish and some of their ATM have an Irish language facility.

TSB offer both their bank cards and their cheque books in Irish.

National Irish Bank offers us nothing but an apology!

Halifax / Bank Of Scotland have yet to get back to me.


I personally have used BOIs Irish language ATMs as they are on UCC's campus and I enjoy using them. I'm not a fluent speaker but I like being able to understand.

In BANKING as gaeilge (update)

Halifax/BOSI havent looked at langauge policy yet, instead focusing on expansion and EBS have no policy also at the moment and may carry out a review. Encouraging stuff eh? Still I thinks its a fanasating idea to email all the banks. An mhaith ar fhad Ach go háirithe!

Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise duit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!
Please note that posts containing links not pertaining to the discussion may be deleted!

Thank you
Stephen