Friday, January 05, 2007

Statement by Fine Gael Leader Enda Kenny TD

'I have just returned from a three-day break abroad.

'I have a very clear agenda of work ahead of me. I intend to be the next Taoiseach, to remove Fianna Fail from office and to provide this country with a new and better Government.

'Fine Gael must and will focus its efforts on the election ahead. Our members, our candidates and above all, the Irish people deserve no less than that.

'I expect every member of Fine Gael to use all of their time, effort and energy to achieve this objective.

'The rules of the party are absolutely clear on what happens after a general election. Discussion of this issue is an unnecessary distraction from the task facing the party.

'I have today written to Deputy Deasy in clear terms about recent comments made by him. I have left him in no doubt as to what I expect from him in terms of supporting the party and its objective of removing Fianna Fail from office. I expect no further public comment on this matter.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!
Please note that posts containing links not pertaining to the discussion may be deleted!

Thank you
Stephen