Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Skimmers, Skype and other S's I think of!

Well on the 6th of October I twitted about this incident, but i think it deserves a blog post also, mixed in with a few other things.

I was on delivery at work (Boots Patrick St, Shameless plug I know) but I noticed 3 people at the ATMs at BOI on Patrick St, not taking much notice as we had a huge delivery.

But on my breakfast break (I started work at 6:45am!) I was hungry and didnt have money on me, so had to go to the ATM, now I am not a BOI customer (I'm Permanent TSB but they are at the other end of Patrick St), but I use that one out of conveninece, but I noticed something strange where the cards went it. It was slightly the wrong colour and there were prongs were tehre normally wasn't so I didn't use it. (Went to centra got brekkie using ATM in the shop) SO i said it to the girls inside in work describing it and they agreed it didn't look right. so I rang the Gardaí, as you do, first time ever. So i waited with one of the other girls for them to arrive.

She decided she should warn people (I'm shy, really I am...) so she was and the Gardaí arrived who told us two foreign nationals (I had identified the people at the ATM as being from Eastern Europe) where watching us from Argos, we were freaked!

Afterwards while I ws at work a Garda came in and told me what was in the device, a card reader, a camera and a TV Screen. Thankfully there was no transmitter so if anyone used said ATMs, its okay. Waiting on the Gardaí now to contact me about goving a statement and that.

But be careful when using ATMs!

Now I downloaded Skype last night (about time I know), but I must say it is fantastic soft ware, why I didn't download it before I do not know. All I know is that it will make calling Kerry cheaper :D

Im really hard to think of other S's but someone has sent me a very interesting link which I must now blog about!!

So this post has been brought to you by the letter S

That so reminds me of Sesame Street!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!
Please note that posts containing links not pertaining to the discussion may be deleted!

Thank you
Stephen