Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Convention Time hits Cork South Central!

Well three conventions take place in the Cork South Central Dáil Constituency this week. I have a vote in one of them, Cork South West Local Electoral Area . This is where it gets strange. I don't live in Cork South West LEA, I live in Cork South Central LEA, in which I don't have a vote! This is all due to my branches which are in Cork South West. They are Michael Collins Branch (Bandon Road) and UCCYFG.

Anyway the Conventions being held are the follwoing:
On Thursday 9th for the convention for the Carrigaline/Harbour Area will take place. Nominated are Cllr. John Collins, Cllr. Tim Lombard and Mr. Dave O'Byrne.

Saturday 11th sees both the Cork South East and Cork South West Conventions. Nominated in Cork South East are Cllr. Jim Corr, Clrr Laura McGonigle and Mr. Des Cahill. Nominated in Cork South West are Cllr. Brian Birmingham, Cllr. John Buttimer and Mr. Barry Keane.

I won't make the meeting on Thursday night due to work but will be at the conventions on Saturday where I have a vote. I am glad to see Fine Gael putting forward three candidates in those three LEA's and I hope they put at least two forward in Cork South Central LEA.

Also I hear Fianna Fail will not be holding local conventions and instead head office (Coughlan from what I hear) will be selecting the candidates. There is democracy at work!

Convention for Ireland South Euro Constituency, which will be contested, will hopefully be happening before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!
Please note that posts containing links not pertaining to the discussion may be deleted!

Thank you
Stephen