Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In defence of Fine Gael

Its not very often I disagree with Damian Mulley, but I think in one of his latest posts "On why Fine Gael as a party can go fuck themselves", he's gone a bit wide of the mark.

Damian is currently being harrased by two people who claim to be FG'ers from UL. Now I am not doubting that this is the case, but I think Damian went a bit overbaord by throwing the entire Fine Gael party and organisation in the same bucket as these gobsheens.

Firstly, YFG is an autonmous organisation and you must apply seperately to join Fine Gael senior party.

Secondly, FG and YFG has no control over what indivual members do in their spare time and can only reprimand them when they misrepresent FG (or YFG)

I dont blame Damien for making his twitter private but lumping all blueshirts into one basket cause of two bad apples is a bit OTT.

I know and like Damien, I truely hope he follows trough with contacting the Gardai and the UL authorities about these two trouble makers.

Harassement, whether online or not, is not acceptable.

I had my own brush with this kind of thing from a student in UCC. Once the college authorities were contacted, it stopped.

I don't expect or want an apology from Damian, just hope in future he won't bandy all blueshirts into one label cause of two people.

I wish Damian the best and know this kind of stuff affects his health. I hope the blog awards will without a hitch on Saturday.

Please Damian remeber some of us Blueshirts aren't half bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!
Please note that posts containing links not pertaining to the discussion may be deleted!

Thank you
Stephen