Monday, October 13, 2008

Eastenders had a Gay Kiss???

Okay so this happened yesterday and I found out about it via a friend who linked me to a French Gay blog so apologies about the French but do have a look at the video. "Un bisou gay sur la BBC déclenche des protestations" - Gayclic.com. Of course the BBC have received 150 complaints, one of whom stated

J'ai dû expliquer à mon fils de 7 ans ce qu'il se passait. Maintenant, il pense qu'il est gay parce qu'il embrasse son père


Which translates as, I had to explain to my 7 year old son what was happening. He now thinks he is gay because he kissed his father. I think that is just a case of bad parenting rather then the fault of the BBC.

My first though when I say the clip was "Poor Dot!" :D But good on the BBC and Eastenders! Lets hope neither characters end up as tokens or stereotypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!
Please note that posts containing links not pertaining to the discussion may be deleted!

Thank you
Stephen