Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008 - A year in Blog Posts Part 1 (Jan - Mar)

The Cologne Cathedral at the Rhine river is a ...Image via Wikipedia2008 has been a great year for me. I left this island for a short spell in Germany and various other things have happened since then. So to celebrate that I am looking through the archives off this blog and my recently closed German blog and posting what I think are interesting posts from the last 12 months. The first part is looking at January to March. I was hoping to do this in one post but it will be a bit long if I do. More during the week!

January
January was a great month for me as I arrived in Germany and settled in. I also made a few predictions.

German Blog
# Contact Made and Day 1
The end of my first day as an au pair.
# Day 5: Sick no longer, getting into the Routine and Karneval!
Title sums it up.
#Karneval and Karneval Songs
Some music
# Karneval nearly sorted and an update!
How to get ready for Karneval
# Touristy things and whats happening this weekend
Some interesting things around Koeln
# Kölle Alaaf (Long live Cologne!) and Photos!
Last post before Karneval

This Blog
# US Election 2008
I predicted a democratic win, but thought it would be Clinton.
# Election Results: Hessen (Hesse) unt Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony)
Some election results
# Treaty of Lisbon Reasons for a Yes Vote. Part 1
I tried to convince people early and from Germany
# Treaty of Lisbon Part 2: Making the EU more democratic
More on Lisbon
# My first post about Eurovision: Dustin the Turkey to represent Ireland
My first post about Eurovision and the turkey...

February
Hungover for half the month over Karneval. Eurovision, US Primaries, Kosovo, and of course Lisbon dominated. I also started EU Links for a bit.

German Blog
# Karneval: photos
Links to photos from an amazing weekend!
# German Txt Spk
A post on Texting in German.
# Mark Twain: The Awful German Language
This should be compulsory reading for all students of German.

This Blog
# Treaty of Lisbon Episode 3: Efficient and modern institutions
# Interesting Facebook Groups
What it says on the tin
# Eurovision: Dustin suffers backlash
Phil Coulter, Frank McNamara and Shay Healy don't think we should send Dustin.
# Newropeans, A new pan European Political Party
A look at Newropeans
# Kosovo declares itself independent as an EU Colony
Well in my opinion anyway
# Please don't use Lisbon to punish the Government!
A plea that went unheeded?
# Treaty of Lisbon Episode IV: The Charter of Fundamental Rights
More on Lisbon
# Dustin wins Eurosong
my first listen to the song, I didnt like it!
# Anti-Depressents: My Views and Experience
My reaction to a BBC story
# The Irish Conservative Homosexual Agenda
I forgot I wrote this post. Some thoughts on what Conservative Gays want.

March
Eurovision fever took hold on this blog and I weathered a hurrican in Germany!

German Blog
# I slept throug Hurricane Emma
My mother was right! I did sleep through a hurricane!
# The Languages of Linie 9
The languages I heard everday
# EL-DE Haus
A visit to EL-DE Haus
# I'm Dreaming of a White... Easter?!?!?!?!
Features a cute picture of me sledding according to himself!
# I am now an expert on.... Volcanoes!
Helping with projects

This Blog
# SNAG Póst: AE Conradh um Athchóiriú (Conradh um Liospóin)
Seachtain na Gaeilge Post on Lisbon
# Gay Pride: Triumphalist or rembering a historical battle for human rights?
A look at gay pride
# Grand Prix Vorentscheid 2008 - Live Blogging Attempt
A fun way to watch a show in another language!
# Me Not Meth - New Campaign in Ca
A campaign on methamphetamine in California
# Lisbonne: douze points
Remarks by Margot Wallström
# To The Holy Catholic And Apostolic Church, I'm Leaving You
I tried out atheism for a bit
# Poem: My Name: Is Meth
A poem about the dangers of meth
# Eurovision Semi-Final One: Preview and Prediction
A look a semi final one

Stay tuned for the rest. All will be done by new years! :)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!
Please note that posts containing links not pertaining to the discussion may be deleted!

Thank you
Stephen